Wednesday, June 23, 2010

They Need Our Prayers

Sometimes I'm overcome with sadness...sometimes I think I can't read anymore or hear anymore or pray anymore....but then I realized that I can. I must. If you know me, you know that I don't watch the news or read the paper; and that is intentional.....every since The Oklahoma City Bombing. However lately....especially after reading The Hole In Our Gospel....I have been reading blogs and caring bridge pages of people who are suffering; and that is also intentional. I have been praying for people that I don't personally know but that are suffering.....more than I have ever suffered and honestly more than I ever want to suffer. After reading yet another blog about a child dying of cancer, I thought to myself....I can't do this....but then I thought to myself....how selfish of me. All I'm doing is reading and experiencing it through the journaling of the parents....but these families are living it....month to month, week to week, day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute, second to second....it is their reality. I can read it, then shut down my computer and go about my day; they can't. I can't shut things off in my head, but I can get distracted....these families don't have the luxury of distractions....their focus is their sick child. I can't imagine their suffering, and honestly I hope I never have to; but if the time comes that I do experience first hand their pain....I would want people to read my blog or caring bridge page about my sick child and PRAY! So that's what I'm going to try to do. It's not easy to do, but it's the least I can do! Won't you consider reading a few of these and praying or donating or whatever you feel led to do:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate
http://www.thewhitts.com/half12/
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elliepotvin

No comments: