Thursday, June 17, 2010

Life Is Good

Our summer started off slow and has picked up, and I'm waiting for it to sloooooowwwww down again. We've had lots of sleepovers....which has been lots of fun! In fact, we are hosting 3 little ladies tonight!
Drew has Swim Team which she is enjoying. She injured her neck this past weekend and has been having some problems swimming, but she's hanging tough.
Drew and Bryna have been attending VBS at the baptist church right down the street, and they are having a blast.
Cal started summer school at the middle school....where he will start attending in August....and is loving it. He hasn't worn his new shoes yet, because it's not August. When I asked him to wear them, he said "I will wear them to the middle school!" Then when he was starting summer school, at the middle school, I asked him again if he would wear them; and he shook his head no and said "in August"! The other night he did say he would wear them before August if his old ones got a hole in them.
Addi is working diligently on a theatre summer camp that she is planning.
Elli is working hard on being included in everything that's going on.
We have been swimming a lot, working on the house a lot....Addi's room is almost totally finished. NPayne has to paint her floor, but he was sidetracked by needing to paint my mom's deck and wheelchair ramp. I ordered her rug from Target which is currently in transit, and then photos will be posted. It's so cute!
I have been editing photos, painting furniture, trying to keep on top of the laundry and house cleaning, cooking lots, and now running!
NPayne has been working lots at work, at home and at my mom's. This weekend is Father's Day, as you know, and I have a little treat planned for him and the kiddos! I'm excited about it, and I know it will be about the best Father's Day gift he could get!
I'm thankful for my family and the time we have together. I'm thankful for the little things that make my kids happy:
For Cal... it's going to summer school and swimming.
For Addi...it's sleeping late, swimming, and creating.
For Drew...it's playing, teaching B to swim, and our dogs.
For Bryna...it's playing, learning to swim, and having NPayne take her to VBS one day.
For Elli...it's her new Monkey HoHo....that she just got, playing with her siblings, and swimming.
For me...it's spending as much time with my kids as possible, getting things accomplished at home, and hanging with NPayne!
Life Is Good! God Is Good!

No comments: