Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of School!

The first day of school went great. Despite Drew falling down on her way into school, Bryna having a nervous stomache (what's that all about?), Addi longing for a few more weeks of summer, and Cal having an unsuccessful day at Pony Camp; the day went off without a hitch. The girls had a great day....two of them came home with homework...UGH! Cal's best friend's mom saw him while she was waiting in the long line at the office yesterday morning. She later told me that he was all smiles! When his teacher, Ms. Tandy, put him in the car...she said "He had a great day! NO problems!" He then told me, "I had fun at the middle school, and I see Addi at the cafeteria!" It was a good day for all....EXCEPT....Elliot! Although she is quite excited about her first day of preschool which still doesn't start for two weeks and was so excited for her siblings excitement, she was not so excited when they actually drove away!After we came in and closed the door, she said...."I hope they come back!" The large lump formed. I took a deep breath and assured her they would, trying not to let her see the water glistening in my eyes. She then said...."Can we go get B & H?" Those are the sweet little twins that stayed with us last year. I sadly said "No, we can't!" Then tried to sound more upbeat and said, "They get to stay with their MIMI this year!" Then I said, "But you can come to church with me and play while I work at the school today!" And her life was back on track, she quickly ate her purple toast (whole grain bread with blueberry cream cheese) and was ready to go. She would have been sooooo happy to see her siblings yesterday, but she was asleep in the car when we picked them all up. It was a good day! Thanks God!

No comments: