Monday, August 16, 2010

Remembering Chet!

Today I sit and think, stand and think, walk and think, talk and think, do everything and think....today I think....about my friend Leslie and her baby boy Chet. Five years ago today, Chet was born and died. Today instead of celebrating his life here on earth with a "rodeo tractor pull" themed party, we are celebrating his eternal life and the blessings we have received through his birth. I know it may seem cliche to say that the loss of Chet made us better people, but I know without a doubt; it did. The faith of his parents has grown in such an abundance and is reflected in so much of how they live and what they do that they almost glow with it. I love to spend time around them to experience it. Please don't misunderstand when I say how we are better people because of the loss of this baby, because my human self and theirs and anyone's who knows them would love so much to be watching Chet blow out his 5 candles and make a wish, to be riding ponies and opening gifts, to be grinning from ear to ear as we all sing "Happy Birthday". What I mean when I say we are better people cannot be described better than by these words written by Chet's mama today:

"remembering my baby boy, Chet, today on his 5th birthday. The loss of my precious baby forced me to cry out to God...with a broken heart i asked, "are you real God?...do you love me?...do you love my baby?"...and after 35 years of living as the center of my own universe...i realized I needed a savior...on this day 5 years ago, God showed up and I let Him into my heart, and I will never be the same! Halleluja! could a momma be more proud of her baby? Happy Birthday sweet boy! Thank you for helping to open my eyes..."

Sometimes it takes a tragedy, a devastation, a nightmare to get us to seek Him! And Chet's parents are seeking Him and sharing His word, and their faith makes my faith stronger.

2 Cornithians 4:8-9 says:

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
I just want to leave you with this song by Mercy Me! It says it perfectly!
I have included the lyrics as well.

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty

REMEMBER TO SCROLL DOWN AND PAUSE THE MUSIC TO HEAR BRING THE RAIN BY MERCY ME!







1 comment:

More Than Words said...

Wow. That was so beautiful what she wrote. So true!!