Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Day Off

So today was my "day off". This is my second, since school started. What I mean by "day off" is a day that I have completely to myself. It's weird, since I haven't had a full day to myself(well from 9-2:30) on a regular weekly basis in almost 13 1/2 years. Last week, I spent my first "day off" at lunch with my best friend...her treat! This week, I have been planning all week what I was going to do today. Of course you may be thinking that I should be cleaning the house, weeding the flower beds, doing the laundry, finish cleaning out the closets....and maybe I should, but I'm not. Well actually I did do a load of laundry this morning. This is how my day unfolded.... I went to my weekly Bible Study, then I visited with a few friends, then I started hitting the spots I have been wanting to go for a very long time....mainly stores that people have told me about that I have never had the chance to visit or just don't visit that often. First, I went to my favorite store of all time....ANTHROPOLOGIE! I love everything in that store....but mainly I love the home decor. I have a gift card to Anthropologie from my birthday last December that I haven't spent, and today....I still didn't spend it. Second I went to Nordstrom Rack....never been there....not bad....didn't purchase anything (a little too pricey for me)! Then I was about to head to the mall and ended up taking a detour.....you will never guess where I ended up....NEVER....at my house! I decided that what I really wanted to do today was enjoy some quiet. So here I am blogging in the quiet....I may even take a cat nap before my "day off" is over! Toodles!

No comments: