Saturday, April 16, 2011

Change

It's been 9 weeks since my beloved pastor suddenly passed away from natural causes. A few short weeks after Pastor Ken died, a pastor in a neighboring city also passed away. He, however, did not die from natural causes. He was brutally murdered. Two young, vivacious, healthy, God loving men were taken....just like that. When we heard about the pastor who was murdered, a friend of mine said something like...."I'm so glad Ken just never woke up and was not brutalized." Altough death is a heartbreaking thing no matter how it occurs, I sort of have to agree with her. The shock, the grief, the overwhelming sadness that follows is almost unbearable at times; but we are slowly but surely moving forward with the seeds that both of these men planted. Please be in prayer for the congregations and family and friends of both of these men as we all try to move forward. Change can be hard, but oftentimes that is what we are faced with; and we have to embrace it. I can do all things in Christ, and I know I can!
Jesus said, "If? There are no 'ifs' among believers. Anything can happen." Mark 9:23

No comments: