Thursday, April 21, 2011

We Shouldn't Have To Choose

Let me start this post with a disclaimer: My name is Lorie, and I'm on my 7th day of steroids. Being that I'm not a big medicine taker, and that steriods and I DO NOT mix; I am feeling easily agitated and annoyed. With that being said, read only if you want to hear my latest soap box! You've been warned!
It's Holy Week....a huge week for Christians! The week that Our Savior carried His own cross to His crucifixion for us....His beloved children. Now I know that Christianity is not prevalent around the world, and I....by no means....am here to make judgements on anyone. But where I live, I can think of at least 7 churches within a few miles from my home; so I think there are probably quite a few Christians in my area. What I'm getting at is this.....I can't help but wonder why there are so many people who don't realize what Holy Week is....what it signifies. I can't help but wonder why there are so many organizations....I'll go ahead and say what I'm thinking here....(one of my kids's schools) who don't respect the fact that it's Holy Week and that today is in fact Holy Thursday. They encourage children to skip out on any Holy Thursday activities to participate in the once a year talent show which happens to be tonight. Then there's the other organization (in my child's school) that has called a MANDATORY PARENT MEETING tonight about expectations for her in high school and this summer. I just don't get it. Could we have not planned these things a little better....for those of us who want to be reminded today, all week, all season....what Jesus did for us? GOD FIRST! GOD FIRST!! GOD FIRST!!! We shouldn't have to choose! Everyone knows a year in advance when Holy Week is, can we please try to schedule around that from now on? I'll climb down from my soap box now but please know that there are no guarantees that there won't be another soap box for me to climb at some point! Thank You for those who braved my agitated post!

No comments: