Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Coronado

This past weekend, I spent 3 days at a resort on the beach in California with NPayne. The last time we went somewhere alone for 4 days and 3 nights without children was.....well I don't think ever. It was odd and great all at the same time. I slept really late and often, ate all sorts of stuff I will probably never have the pleasure of eating again, wore a sweater on the beach (because it was chilly), went to a fabulous spa, danced the night away (well not really, but we did dance; and I did watch a lot of other people dance), and just hung out with my hubby. It was pretty grand! What I failed to mention is this.....I missed my kids something terrible. Thank the makers of facetime, it made me feel much better to see their sweet faces each day. It was a wonderful trip, even though we had to spend much of it with NPayne's co-workers, it was still wonderful....and did I mention FREE! That was the best part! ;) Actually the best part was coming home and being greeted with hugs and kisses, and a welcome home party complete with entertainment, signs, finger sandwiches, chocolate covered strawberries, and gifts! I guess my kids missed me too!

No comments: