Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The "Motato"

So today I spent my afternoon in the basement of my church, which is where I work, with a bunch of little children, preschool teachers, and the entire church staff. I didn't think the church staff was that big until you cram them all in a basement room with a bunch of preschoolers and some preschool teachers. Then there seem to be quite a few of them, and I stayed in the room with the pastors most of the time....assuming there would be lots of praying going on! We, right here in Texas, right where I live in Texas had some tornados. Thankfully nobody or nothing, in my immediate area or in the basement, was injured. I know there was damage around our area, and I haven't heard about injuries yet; but I am praying not. I remember being in the "duck and cover" mode once before when I was a little girl, but I don't remember ever having to do it since; and not for 2-3 hours. My children were all safe in their schools, ducking and covering, as well....except for my Elli. She was at our friend's house, which is where she goes on T/Th. When I asked her about it, she told me that she and Keely (her friend) played in the bathroom during the "motato" aka tornado; and that they had so much fun during the "motato." Obviously my friend, Keely's mom, did a pretty good job of keeping them entertained and feeling secure during all the chaos of the storm. Elli thinks "motatos" are all fun and games!!

No comments: