Friday, April 20, 2012

CRY BABY

If you are reading my blog for the first time, I need to confess.....I'M A CRY BABY!  I cry a lot, often, frequently, and sometimes for no apparent reason.  I can't even imagine what I'll be like when I go through menopause.  Please count this as my formal apology to my family and friends when that happens.  Yesterday, I cried several times.....
-a friend's hurting heart (don't want to share too much info.  here)
-a friend's hurting heart over losing her dad
-seeing the most angelic and sweet little 15 month old, who has some special needs, come in to tour our preschool
-seeing her little hand wave at me when I greeted her by name and having her mama say "She likes your pretty voice."
-hearing her mama say "I just want her to love school."
-thinking about my girl going to middle school
-worrying about my girl going to middle school
-being too tired
-watching Caine's Arcade on Vimeo
-being witness to the enormous support of a friend with a hurting heart
-talking to my friend about her mother with alzheimers
-listening to moms of some high schoolers with special needs voice their concerns about the way their children are being treated
-uncertainty about many things
-feeling like life is passing me by
I have felt uncertain and sad a lot lately, but I have been so blessed by so many things as well.  That sweet little 15 month old made my day and all the days to follow that much more blessed.  The note her mother sent about how much our school embraced her and seeing our teachers embrace her was one of the most wonderful things I'll ever witness.  I am blessed and through it all God is with me.  He is my refuge.

Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; 
   my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, 
   my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

No comments: