Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lazy can be good...

Today was a lazy day around the house for me. That doesn't happen too often, as a matter of fact, I don't know when the last time there was an opportunity for me to be lazy around my house. Now if you came into my house on any given day, you might think I was lazy all the time. Having my 2 sloppy children (see previous post), my not so neat husband (I love you honey), my 2 neat children and my baby just causes constant chaos. What I mean by chaos is things tend to get unorganized, and it wears me out. Nobody can find their shin guards or their lunchbox or their car keys (who could that be). Believe it or not, there is a place for everything in our house; but everything doesn't always end up in its place. Even the neat children have toys and STUFF which end up somewhere else (except for Cal -he always knows where his stuff is). Never mind the fact, that I am always trying to go through and unclutter something, so there may be a pile of something that ends up sitting there for days; because I haven't had a chance to go through it yet. Anyway back to the lazy day, I did do a few chores: washed my slipcovers on our 3 sofas, put away some laundry, got some groceries; BUT I actually sat down and watched one full episode of Clean House and then laid down for about 45 minutes and caught a little cat nap. The best part is that while my baby was napping, the other kiddos were playing and getting along; so my hubby came and laid down with me. It was nice to snuggle up with my hubby in the middle of the day for 45 mintues until of course my snoring drove him away - what can I say, I was tired! It was nice to be lazy.... who knows when that day will come again?!

No comments: