Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Six Lifelong Friends

I decided to include some background info. on some of my "oldest" friends. I mean old in the best possible way as these are friends that I have had for over 25 years. We all met when we became cheerleaders together, and we have been through all kinds of ups and downs some of which will NEVER be divulged. Over the next few weeks, each friend will be featured in the Friendly Face post; but here is what you need to know right now. There are 6 of us Lifelong friends: Lorie (me), Cynthia, Leslie, Joey, Kelli, and Michelle. We even have our own blog called 6 Lifelong Friends that Leslie was so kind to set up for us, but it's a secret just for us. In fact it's such a secret, that none of us can figure out how to post or comment on it yet. Hopefully we can iron that out soon!! Let me give you a little brief background on each friend, not including me.
Let's start with Cynthia...she's my friend that I always make try on cute and sexy clothes, because she has a great body. I try not to get my picture made with her often (which is really hard, since we are both big HAMS), because I don't want to stand next to her great body in a picture. You might say...do a close up, but remember someone asked me if I was my baby girl's grandmother; so I don't think so. Cynthia is definitely a goofball as well. I've witnessed her fall down numerous times and say things that made absolutely no sense at all ("Does my scaring drive you?"). She is the one I would never ask to be completely honest with me about something like....does this make me look fat? She ain't gonna tell you YES, even if you can't zip it up and your rolls are hanging over. I think she was the most misjudged friend in high school, because people thought she was way wilder than she really was (all because she wore shoe boots). Cynthia was really mean to her baby brother when we were teenagers, but sometimes he deserved it. She is as devoted of a mother to my children as she is to her own. I know, without a doubt, she would take all 5 of my kids in her home and love them like her own if she ever had to.
Next on the list is Leslie. Leslie is definitely my most free spirited, laid back friend friend. She can't be bothered with schedules, and she flies by the seat of her pants most of the time. Leslie is my most creative friend as well, and that girl can cook. She is my friend that turns a difficult time into an opportunity to praise the Lord. She's a daredevil and isn't afraid to tell you YES, it does make you look fat. She is whimsical and does many things on a whim. She always likes a good get together and will have all of us and our 19 kids down to her place anytime. Leslie can sing all the words to about any song I know.
Joey...sweet little Joey. She is my most positive friend. Joey always has the words that make you feel like everything is going to be allright. I never hear her talk bad about someone either. Although she's a quiet person, I've known her to get down with her bad self from time to time (eye twenty/eye twenty vision). She has an appreciation and an insight for things that I would never even think about. Joey would NEVER tell me if something made me look fat. She might say something like well what do you think? Sweet - yes, positive - yes, kind - yes, GERMAPHOBE - yes (sorry Joey, but I had to make you sound not so perfect).
Kelli (see my friendly face post)...she's my cute as a bug friend with a big smiling face. She's my friend I've known the longest. Kelli is one that can always CRACK ME UP! She can turn about any horrifying situation into a funny experience. Kelli is very conservative but doesn't have a problem speaking up for something she believes in either. She is my most organized friend and has a plan in place. If I asked Kelli, does this make me look fat? She would change the subject and offer me something to eat.
Michelle is my friend who really is a grandmother, but I bet nobody ever asked her if she was a grandmother. Michelle is a hard worker who will give something 110%. She has a sweet soul and knows her limits well. She's not afraid to ask for help, and she is always so grateful to hear from me. Michelle is my friend who can't enunciate words correctly: nanchos (nachos), stupit (stupid). She can laugh at herself really easily as we often laugh at her as well. Michelle can whip up a prayer like noone I've ever heard (get ready to pray for at least 10 minutes). That girl can praise the Lord. Michelle earned a lot of my respect when she became a single mother at 18. I never even thought about the sacrifices she made until I became a mother at 30. Michelle would say something like....well your shoes are cute if I asked her if something made me look fat, or why? Do I look fat?.
In a nutshell that's them, my lifelong friends. They love me for who I am which can sometimes be a quite irritating person. We have all done things we regret and things we will never do again, but those times have made us stronger women and better friends. They are all exceptional mothers who are raising their children up to follow Jesus, and I'm humbled and honored to have them in my life.

In the picture above from left to right: Leslie, Michelle, Joey, Kelli, a big old pregnant me, and Cynthia in front (of course there is her little cute body next to my big old pregnant one). Why does that always happen?

No comments: