Monday, September 29, 2008

Pet Peeves

I've been thinking a lot today. It was a quiet day at home, so I had a lot of time to think and post; hence my 3rd post today. Pet Peeves: oh here we go...I have a lot of very specific pet peeves, and I have tried to learn to be more tolerable over the years. I will admit that some things I just can't tolerate as of yet, and I will admit that many of these things I have done or still do myself. Here is the definition of Pet Peeves (noun): a particular and often continual annoyance; personal bugbear. Those are exactly what I think of as a pet peeve, something that irritates me personally. A personal bugbear, I couldn't have said it better; because they are personal to the person they irritate. Many of these things I have never told to anyone, because I didn't want to offend or come off as being judgmental. Please know that I don't mean to be offensive or judgmental, and I am listing these all in fun. If I know you and you do anything on my list, please know that I still love you (even if you drive me crazy). Get ready for my list, it's a doozy:
WHITE DRESS SHOES - just plain wrong
Mouth Noises: smacking, slurping, gulping..not sound effects (I'm clarifying for Kelli) BTW: I love sound effects. Cal is the king of sound effects.
Long Lines

Crowds
Bragging
French Pedicure...This is because I can't stand feet, and it grosses me out to think about all the foot handling that goes on giving someone a french pedicure-ewwww.
Bad Breath
Having to wake a sleeping baby

Razor stubble on my legs when I'm trying to sleep - can't stand it
Disrespect
Folks who don't RSVP

Strapless bras
Underwear that intentionally sticks out of a girl's pants (I don't think anyone I know does this, we're probably too mature which is a nice way to say "too old" - hee hee)
Unorganization
Eating off my plate, especially without asking ( Ask me for a bite, you're probably guaranteed to receive one. Stick your fork in my food, you might get a fork in your hand).
Walking across the street when there's a red hand that says "DON'T WALK"
Cutting in the carpool lane - IR-RI-TA-TING!!!!
Talking more than listening
Clutter

Bad punctuation....I did use to correct my sweet husband's notes he left me; but I don't do that anymore. If you double check my punctuation on this blog, I know you will find many mistakes especially when using quotation marks.

The following are pet peeves that I just haven't been able to make myself tolerate as of yet. and you may get a kick in the bum if you do these around me. I hate to admit this.....but I have done some of these myself, AND then I am completely irritated at myself when I realize it.
Smoking
Gossiping
Whining
Complaining
Littering
Talking down to someone
Being mean on purpose

Being awakened in the middle of the night and not by a newborn baby
Being wasteful

So if you are ever standing by me in a long and crowded line, and you're wearing white dress shoes with french manicured toes peeking out while smacking your gum and wearing a thong hanging out of the back of your jeans all the while digging through your very unorganized purse with your long artificial nails for a cigarette and explaining to me how much money you make and how stupid your boss is while completely ignoring the person in line in front of you who is coughing while you blow smoke in his face; please know that I won't say a word to you about these pet peeves - but I may ever so discreetly move to a new place in line. These are MY issues, and I am trying to deal with them....really I am. LOVE YOU ALL FRIENDS!!!

No comments: