Friday, February 27, 2009

Apparently I need some Bare Minerals to go along with my hair dye....


This morning after my 3 eldest children left for school, my husband left for work, my baby was still snoozing; Bryna (my sweet little 5 year old) and I were snuggled up watching cartoons. A commercial for Bare Minerals came on....honestly I wasn't paying attention, I was watching cartoons with my eyes closed if ya get my drift....and the following conversation occured:

B: Mommy do you have that stuff?
Me: (Without opening my eyes) No dear I don't have any of that makeup.
B: You should get some....it does good things to your cheeks....
Pause
B: It keeps your cheeks from cracking (with this remark I open my eyes to see her using her hands to try to push her cheeks up as if to demonstrate for me).
Another Pause
B: It gets all the bad stuff off your cheeks.
B: (In an even more convincing tone with a hint of gentleness and concern) You have some bad stuff.
With this remark, I didn't say a word but looked her right in the eye to see if she would further explain, which she did....
B: You have these, and she pointed to a small mole I have on my neck.
PHEW! I was relieved that she didn't point to my age spots or wrinkles....of course I guess "keeping your cheeks from cracking" does imply wrinkles.
Apparently I need some Bare Minerals, and some hair dye (remember my NOT ME MONDAY post)! What I have yet to tell these precious little girls is that they could be part of the reason I have gray hair and my cheeks are cracking....hmmmm.....go figure.
On the flipside, my daughters do pay me compliments very often; so I guess a few "helpful" critiques aren't the end of the world when they are done so in such a loving and kind way. If some gray hair and cracked cheeks are results from motherhood, I'll take them anyday; hopefully it will just show that I am aging with grace!

2 comments:

More Than Words said...

LOL...do we have the same kids???

And you know what's so funny..it's only the girls that will "suggest" things! They'll see or hear about something and they'll say, "Mom..you should get that." Of course, I'm like totally offended by it (but they don't know), but they I think to myself, "Awww..they just want what's best for me." LOL!!

Elyse said...

HILARIOUS...at least she is listening to what the tv commercials say :)
~Elyse~