Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm A Cry Baby....Proud and True!!

I have to admit it, and I'm actually perfectly okay with saying it.....I'M A CRY BABY!!! Don't be offended by that term, it's a term that my lifelong friends and I lovingly refer to ourselves as....cry babies. We, some more than others, can easily be led to tears. I'm one of the some that can. I cry OFTEN, but the good thing is.....they are usually tears full of emotional joy and praise. I am easily overwhelmed, not by the busyness of life in general, but by feelings and emotions and things that stir the before mentioned. One thing that can and most often lead me to tears is music and praise through music. However oftentimes a certain song reminds me of a certain circumstance which can cause some tears of sadness. I often feel my children staring at me, in church, waiting to see if I'm going to cry during the worship songs or hymns....which I often do. I sometimes even ask, ahead of times, when we have special events...."Which songs will be sung?"; so I'll know o be prepared with one tissue or several. These are songs that I most definitely usually/always cry when I hear....some for joy, some for sadness, some for both!

1. Blessed Be Your Name (actually I haven't cried in church the last few times we have sung this)....Matt Redman!

2. Bring the Rain...Mercy Me!

3. Remember Me.....Mark Schultz!

4. Forever....Chris Tomlin!

5. The Candle Song....Chris Rice!

6. Held....Natalie Grant (I can't remember if she actually wrote it or performs it only)!

7. How You Live....Point of Grace!

8. Word of God Speak....Mercy Me!

9. Lifesong....Casting Crowns!

10. A Baby Changes Everything....Faith Hill!

11. ANYTHING my children sing in church choir! I can't help but cry tears of joy when I see those sweet little children sing!!

12. Twinkle Twinkle or anything for that matter....sang by Elliot!

What songs inspire you to shed much needed and beautiful tears of joy or sadness?

1 comment:

Elyse said...

Well, being the teary eyed that I am, I have been known to cry at Holy, Holy, Holy, Word of God Speak, anything a kid sings, and lots more. I teared up while reading blogs yesterday and while in school today, I cried like a baby while watching an educational video. So I am right there with ya. I'm a cry baby and I admit it!
~Elyse~