Monday, February 23, 2009

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN................

Welcome to this week's therapy session where we all relive the things we did NOT do.....to play along or read more NOT confessions, click on MckMama's blog.



This week, I did not stand in the bathroom putting on my makeup while Bryna and Drew were in the tub and NOT listen to them talk about me as if I weren't standing right there. And I did NOT hear them say the following things...."Wow, mommy is getting gray hair! Yes, she is....look right there by her ear! Do you see all of that gray hair?" I did NOT shoot them a look that said...Helloooooo, I'm standing right here while you diss on my hair. Then they did NOT seem to realize that yes I was listening and say the following...."Mommy, did you know you have gray hair?" Well I do NOW....thank ya very much!

After NOT listening to my 2 daughters talk in pure amazement about the abundance of gray hair that I am NOT getting (really it's NOT that much....really), I did NOT proceed to wash that gray right outta my hair that very next day! So there.....little ladies....no more NOT talking about your mother's gray hair like she is not even in the room.....well at least for 4-6 weeks.

I then did NOT tell a much younger friend of mine the following....."Once you turn 40, you need hair dye, reading glasses and sticky notes; so you can write everything down that you can no longer remember." Then I did NOT smile and feel oh so fabulous when another friend said...."You're 40? I thought you were 35!" I did NOT reply with the following...."I LOVE YOU, and actually I'm 42." I am NOT vain, really I'm NOT, but I guess I am self conscious....who knew!

I did NOT prepare my NOT ME post earlier in the week, so I wouldn't forget something....NOT ME! And I did NOT take notes, about my NOT ME post, on sticky notes....NOT ME!

I did NOT carry my toddler around all day on Saturday resulting in NOT only a very sore arm, but also a sore back and feet, and I am still NOT sore!

I am NOT getting old.....I AM NOT! I will never be too old to crawl around on the floor with my baby girl while singing in her music class, I will never be too old to help my daughter sell 400 boxes of Girl Scout cookies, I will never be too old for Saturday Night Disco, I will never be too old to let my children sit on my lap (and neither will they)! I will never be too old to have another child (I'm talking adoption here, although being pregnant always brings me great joy),I will never be too old for an exciting night out or night in (wink) with NPayne! I am YOUNG at heart, and that's not a NOT!

What did you NOT do this week?

5 comments:

seriously? said...

That is so funny that your kids talk about your beautiful locks right in front of you. One might think they would at least know to do it behind your back. Well, I guess technically they did. :) Great Not me's.

Elyse said...

OH MY GOODNESS...I can't believe your children :) I actually can truthfully say that I did not know you were 40 either. Let's see, I did not just eat 2 apples in a row or did not ditch hmwk for 2 hours to go play with a 22 month old either!
Happy Monday!!!
~Elyse~

Chelsie said...

I often point out my fiance's gray hairs! OOPS! And I should probably start preparing my Not Me! Monday in advance too. I mean, there's NO WAY I would forget everything I did during the week, nope not me!

More Than Words said...

LOLOLOL! It's like I could have written this post...for reals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kids!!!! They're too honest! LOL

Aspiring Mom2three said...

I'm right there with you. I went through the drive thru at chick-fil-a, I was the 100th customer, I was so excited that I whooped and hollered and woke the baby that we babysit. The lady at the window said "Oh, did GRANDMA wake the baby?"

I wanted to lunge through the window and show her that I was no grandma and that my 15 Yr. old was NOT the mother! I promptly colored my Gray the next morning!

Thank you so much for your thought and prayers. Today was a much better day, but it is going to be a long process.

I love your Young at heart and soul attitude. You go girl!