Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wordful Wednesday




Here is my precious prince, Callahan, he absolutely loves trains! We are fortunate enough to live right by some railroad tracks complete with a vintage train and train depot! We took the boy and the girls down to the train depot last weekend, and this is my favorite photo of Cal. My heart jumps for joy when I look at it. Now you have to understand what an accomplishment this is....my son use to absolutely HATE, I mean abhor, detest, have an all out meltdown over getting his photo taken. Posing for a photo was right out of the question, but my oh my how things have changed....now he not only poses; but he actually enjoys it from time to time. He has grown and progressed in so many areas....it makes my heart race with excitement when I think about it. One thing I've learned to be very true about my son.....he has Autism, he has Fragile X; but those things don't have him. If you would like more information on Autism or Fragile X, please click here. For more Wordful Wednesday, visit Angie's blog!

4 comments:

Ms. Candice said...

He couldn't have posed any better for this photo! It is absolutely perfect! :)

www.MomMostTraveled.com

Anonymous said...

Matthew is bad but he's not that bad. If he enjoyed it I would be taking pics like crazy!

Cal is so handsome!

Anonymous said...

Matthew is bad but he's not that bad. If he enjoyed it I would be taking pics like crazy!

Cal is so handsome!

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Love this picture as well. A boy that I used to teach has Autism as well and he LOVES trains. He has a train museum in a town close to ours. Oldest doesn't like his picture taken either. You take the most beautiful pictures. Is your house filled with all the lovely pictures you take? Isn't it wonderful when we see our kids growing and changing - progressing. These are always exciting milestones to celebrate.