Friday, February 20, 2009

The Change In Me.....

Tomorrow we will join in celebration of the life of Shiloh Ross, born on January 5th 2009 and entered through Heaven's gates on January 5th 2009. Shiloh did not experience life on earth, and we never got to experience the wonderful joy that a baby brings the first time you hold him; but we are experiencing joy, truly joy that I can't even explain. The memorial and celebration of this child will surely bring many tears, but it will also bring much change to all those who know his parents and who know the Lord. The good and glory to God that has already come from the birth of this baby, in just a few short weeks, is too difficult for me to explain via text. It is truly amazing, and I am forever changed. When their first son, Chet Harris, died on the day of his birth 3 years ago; I never imagined the wonderful transformation that would take place in my life; as well as, the lives of so many others. Of course the heartbreak and emptiness still lingers, but for me; the blessings are immeasurable. I am forever changed because of these two little boys, that I never held, and their inspirational parents whom I cherish. I wish all of you, who are reading this, could know Leslie and Jeff....the parents of these boys. You too would be forever changed, your heart would be overflowing, and your soul would be a little closer to being in tact. They will still need prayers....every single day....as they grieve for their sons, but please know that they are going to be just fine....they are leaning on Jesus and will continue to do so all the days of their lives.

3 comments:

The Blankenship Family said...

Oh, Lorie . . . I will be praying for all of you tomorrow. What a beautiful post! Love you! Robin

Elyse said...

BEAUTIFUL post...prayers go out to this family and their heartache.
~Elyse~

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Dear Lorie,

I've been thinking of you today and the heartache again today. May his short life and the lives of his parents and those surrounding them, be a witness to others through this.