Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A couple of ibuprofen and off you go.....

7th Grade....Here I hobble come! Addi put her best foot forward.....literally..... and hobbled off to school!!
I gave her 2 Ibuprofen and sent her on her way....much to her chagrin!!!
NPayne carried her supplies....because of course the injury has to occur when she has about 75 pounds of stuff to haul to school!!!!
He drove her to school, walked her in, set her up with some office assistance to help her transfer from class to class, the office set her up with....get this....are you ready for this....the key to the elevator! Yes ma'am....they have an elevator in her middle school. In fact, she's not even allowed to use the stairs for safety reasons!!!! Who knew???!!! Now that's what I'm talkin' about....fancy smancy school we have.... ;)
She was a little mopey last night about having to go to school on crutches,
and I felt badly for her.
Then I remembered something....I had crutches in 7th grade as well....and honestly it stunk, but you do what you gotta do!!! I survived and even WITHOUT an elevator!!! She did survive today, and she will tomorrow....despite the very sore arm pits, hands, and let's not forget ankle!! She didn't mope tonight, because she knows she's gotta do what she's gotta do; but it still stinks!!! I'll set her up with 2 Ibuprofen and send her hobbling on her way again!!!

No comments: