Saturday, October 17, 2009

If I Had It My Way

1. I would have an old pick up truck but get around on a scooter with a sidecar.
2. I would live on a lake in the country and grow wildflowers and have a huge garden.
3. My children would be homeschooled and all have their own horse.
4. I would have had at least 7 or 8 kiddos and adopt a few too.
5. NPayne would work really close to our house at a place he loved, so he could come home for a picnic lunch with us every day.
6. We would always have 3 day weekends....one day to do our chores, one day to rest, and one day to play....but all 3 days would be spent together.
7. We would never use an alarm clock again.
8. I would make my living by being a photographer.
9. All of my family and friends would live in the country nearby me....ALL OF THEM....including my pastors!
10. We would have a huge rock garden.
11. We would go fishing every day.
12. All of my children would know how to sew and play at least one musical instrument.
13. My afternoons would be spent sitting on my porch swing watching my kids pick flowers and berries and play baseball in the front yard.
14. We wouldn't watch TV....except maybe a football game here and there....and would read and listen to music all the time.
15. We would own absolutely everything we had.
16. We would spend our summers at the beach!



BUT....really honestly....it's not about me getting my way.....it's about what God has planned for me and for now....His plan, although unclear at times, is for me to be doing what I'm doing. And although most of those things above are true desires and wishes, I am blessed in my everyday life. I am thankful for my life, and for His guidance. I've been praying for guidance a lot lately and will continue to do so. And now....after receiving some guidance from someone else....I'm praying for balance! Thanks Pastor Ken!

No comments: