Thursday, October 1, 2009

I Wonder What She's Thinking.....

As I was sitting in the rocking chair singing to my sweet little Elliot today before her nap, I was staring hard at her face and her big blue eyes while I caressed her cheeks; and I couldn't help wondering....I wonder what she's thinking. I wonder that a lot. What goes through a 3 year old's mind when everything is still and she's listening to her mother sing to her? I know she is not thinking the same things I am, because she's 3; and I'm....well...NOT 3! When I'm singing to her and we're rocking gently back and forth....I'm usually drinking her in....I mean I'm thinking things like....Where has the time gone? Can you feel how much I absolutely adore and cherish you? I want to remember these times forever. I don't want you to grow up so fast. What am I going to do when you're too big to rock? I am so thankful and blessed! You own my heart!
She always looks at me so sweetly, and sometimes we're silly when we sing; but today she was just staring at my face too. I wondered what she was thinking....and I was dreaming that it was that she loves me more than anything and thinks I'm dandy; but then I figured it was probably something like....Get on with it, I'm exhausted! ;)

No comments: