Saturday, October 31, 2009

Seasons

As leaves are falling and the air is crisper, I'm reminded that everyone goes through seasons....not the obvious Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall....but seasons of life! Have you ever seen "Rent" on broadway? It's fabulous....but that's beside the point....talking about seasons just got me humming that song from Seasons of Love from "Rent". Anyway back to seasons! The seasons of life I'm referring to are....changes, adjustments, good times, not so good times, learning, growing, faltering, stumbling, pausing, etc., etc., etc., etc. I know many people who are in a "season" if you will....of life....unfortuntately most of the folks I'm thinking about are not in necessarily good "seasons", but there are some who are in good "seasons"! When I looked the word "season" up in the dictionary, I found the following idiom:
for a season, for a time, esp. a short time
This is good if the "season", you are in, is not so good; but you may wish the "season" were a little longer if things are going really good. Nonetheless....we all experience different "seasons".....good, bad, on pause, winter, spring, summer or fall! I think the important thing for me us to remember is that it's just a "season" for a short time!

1 comment:

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Oh I so much needed this today. The season I'm in is leaving me anxious.... I'm getting all out of whack as there is the changing of clothes out, stuff is piled up, too many projects to get done... My focus is way off! Thank you so much.