Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday NPAYNE!

To the love of my life....the man of my dreams....the father of my children....my best friend! Happy Birthday Sweet Man! Today is a milestone for you, you turn 40! There have been milestones that we have celebrated and some that we have grieved....today we are celebrating! I know your birthdays aren't a big deal to you, but they are to me. Celebrating your birthday is celebrating another year together. You bring out the best in me and for that I am so grateful. I LOVE YOU!
When I asked Neil if we could have a birthday party for him, since it is his 40th birthday....I knew he would say Nahhh! But I thought he might agree to having some friends over for dinner, but he still said Nahhhh! As I kept trying to encourage him to allow me to throw a celebration in his honor, this is what he finally said....."The Hole In Our Gospel"! I immediately knew what he was referring to, and I couldn't argue with him. In other words, he didn't want to be frivelous and spending the extra money to have a party, in his eyes was being frivelous! He said, "I just want to spend it with you and the kids!" I get all goose bumpy thinking about what a sweet wonderful man he is. I am a truly blessed woman!

I respect the fact that he wants me to stay home with our children while he works, and that he will sacrifice being happy at work in order to provide us with our needs.
I love the fact that he never comes home and asks me "What have you been doing all day?" when he sees toys all over the floor, laundry all over the couch, and dishes in the sink.
I admire the fact that he encourages me in areas that he sees me shine....hence the photography business.
I love the fact that he would rather do nothing more than be with us!
I respect the fact that he gives so much of himself in service to others!
I admire the fact that he is honest and trustworthy and the best friend anyone could ask for.
I love the fact that he loves me so much and tells me I look pretty all of the time.
I respect the fact that he has always been a hard worker and wonderful provider for his family....before me and our children, it was for his mother!
I admire the fact that he is grounded and thrifty.
I love the fact that He is growing in relationship with Christ.
I love the fact that we are a couple, a family, a union stronger than I had ever imagined when we first got married.
I adore you NPayne! You are the MAN OF MY DREAMS! And you still give me goose bumps and that funny excited feeling in my stomache!

No comments: