Saturday, January 9, 2010

TELEVISION

So I'm trying to explain the premise of "The Bachelor" to some friends....yes I've seen "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette", and I've decided that TV can be frightening. It doesn't have to be, but it sure can be; and WE are what make it potentially frightening....the viewers! Because the more smut we watch, the more smut they make! As these ladies are asking me all sorts of questions about this show, and I'm filling them in.....I'm realizing that there is a lot of smut on TV! LOTS! Now although I enjoy TV, honestly I would be perfectly fine if we didn't have one or didn't watch one. I've been thinking that maybe, just maybe, I shouldn't watch anything which I would deem inappropriate for my children....which would be most anything on after 7:00 pm except maybe a few sporting events and some, but not all, cartoons! I don't know....are there any appropriate shows on regular TV after 7:00? I know there are some decorating, cooking type shows that we have available on cable; but what about folks who don't have cable? Is there anything that a family can sit down to watch together on any random night.....say a Tuesday.....after 7:00? I'm just curious! Typically my children are busy getting ready for bed around 7:00 during the week, and they aren't watching TV. But if I wanted to sit down and watch something with them on any random night.....say a Tuesday.....after 7:00, what would that be? Suggestions???

No comments: