Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Sermon Summary

Passage Luke 12:13-21:
The Story of the Greedy Farmer

13Someone out of the crowd said, "Teacher, order my brother to give me a fair share of the family inheritance."

14He replied, "Mister, what makes you think it's any of my business to be a judge or mediator for you?"

15Speaking to the people, he went on, "Take care! Protect yourself against the least bit of greed. Life is not defined by what you have, even when you have a lot."

16 -19Then he told them this story: "The farm of a certain rich man produced a terrific crop. He talked to himself: 'What can I do? My barn isn't big enough for this harvest.' Then he said, 'Here's what I'll do: I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I'll gather in all my grain and goods, and I'll say to myself, Self, you've done well! You've got it made and can now retire. Take it easy and have the time of your life!'

20"Just then God showed up and said, 'Fool! Tonight you die. And your barnful of goods—who gets it?'

21"That's what happens when you fill your barn with Self and not with God."

When do you think you have enough? If we wait until we think we have enough, we will never respond to this question. I'ts not what you believe that counts, it's what you believe ENOUGH to do!

No comments: