Friday, March 6, 2009

A New Day.....

Can I just say that I've been in a funk for the last few days. After my Bible Study yesterday and the women's event that I attended last night, I decided that I need to spend more time with Jesus being my focus. I need to give my sorrows and concerns to Him, and I need to let Him take control. With that being said, I would like to ask you to pray for the following....
My sweet friend, Joey, who suffered a miscarriage.

Drew's sweet little friend, Jayla, who is dying from leukemia. She only has a few more weeks to live. Pray for her family. We know Jayla will be fine in the end, but pray for her family.

My sweet Drew herself who is suffering from some health issues that we can't seem to rectify.

My loving husband who laid his Nana to rest this week.

My precious Addi who is facing some decisions about school.

My sweet son, Callahan, who is still facing occasional bullying at school....oftentimes physically.

There are weeks such as this and trials such as this, and I know there are many whose trials are much more troubling than mine. I often find myself trying to take control of the situation with my worry, but today I am going to do my best to let God have my worry. I am going to trust in His plan and purpose, and thank Him for his love, grace and mercy.
Whew.....I feel better already!

1 comment:

More Than Words said...

Oh Lorie...you definitely have a full plate going on there.

There have been so many prayer requests that I've read just today. I'm so glad that our God is able to hear all our prayers, and is faithful to answer them in His time!!

HUGS, my friend!
Alicia