Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ROADTRIP, FAMILY, FRIENDS and the lake!!!

We had a wonderful time visiting with our friends. I got to spend 3 days with 2 of my best friends and their families. We are all so blessed and thankful to have each other, and we recognize that more now than we already did. I am truly amazed by the progress Leslie has made. The road that she and Jeff have traveled and continue to travel is a difficult one, but they know and will tell you that they are being nudged along by God. They don't ask why? or what if? but instead they witness and they share the love of our God and the good that has come from their circumstance. It truly amazes me that 2 1/2 months ago, Leslie was lying in a hospital paralyzed from a stroke she suffered during childbirth; and now we are sitting by a campfire drinking coffee and enjoying each other's company. She still has a lot of recovering to do, but for where she is today.....I am so very thankful and grateful! God is good!
We truly did nothing but enjoy each other, let our chilren get really dirty, eat really good food (and a lot of it), sleep late, and enjoy God's beautiful earth!


Addi and Cole waiting their turn to fire the bow. Addi ended up with a bullseye!


Elliot after a day on the boat, by the campfire, jumping on the trampoline, blowing bubbles....whew....that takes a toll on a girl's hair.



Kool-Aid lips and big bubbles!


NPayne and Cal on the boat!


Mama and Elliot on the boat!


Leslie.....doing what I enjoyed the most.....sitting by the fire, sipping coffee!


Cynthia and Beau. I have told Leslie before that Beau looks like she could be Cynthia's daughter, and she does!


All 18 of us going for a ride on the boat....8 children, 6 adults, and 4 dogs!


Elliot coloring on the easel.

Beau loving on her dog.


We did a whole lot of this.... Bryna, Beau and Drew sitting by the campfire!


Drew holding Jaques and Henri....2 of their 4 dogs.


The kids got a great campfire going.


Cal trying out the tricycle. We forgot to bring his bike. He is very resourceful.


Cade practicing his Archery skills.


As the vacation came to a close, I found myself feeling just like my girls did when we were leaving....dragging their feet, heads hung low, mumbling under their breath "I don't wanna go home!" Neither did I!

2 comments:

Gracie said...

Your pictures are fabulous. I am so glad you had a wonderful time. There is nothing like time spent with family and friends. It is priceless. =)

More Than Words said...

Wow..that is awesome to hear about your friend! God is good!!!

Loved all the pics! We're going camping for Memorial Day weekend and there will be tons of us!!!!! I'm sooooo not a camper, so I'm only halfway excited..LOL!