Monday, March 30, 2009

NMM Stellan Style


MckMama is still at the children's hospital with her precious MckMiracle....Stellan. To check on his updates, go here. I decided to "copy" my blogger friend Gracie and post a NMM Stellan Style! Here goes....

...I do NOT check MckMama's blog a few... no several....no a dozen....no any spare moment I have to get updates on Stellan and his fast beating little heart.
...I do NOT find my thoughts, as of lately, consumed with all of the sick children that I know personally or do not know personally but know about.
...I do NOT find myself in prayer, 99% of my waking moments, for these children; and I do NOT find myself in prayer for children who may be sick that I don't even know about.
...I do NOT find myself, not sure of what to pray for in certain circumstances, so I cling to this scripture...Romans 8:26-28
26 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. 27 And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers[a] in harmony with God’s own will. 28 And we know that God causes everything to work together[b] for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
...I did NOT think seeing Stellan's name gallery was just plain AWESOME! My favorite was not the picture of his name with MERCY ME....I am NOT a HUGE fan of theirs. I am NOT thinking of a cool way I could write Stellan's name as well, and I am still NOT brewing something up there.
...I did NOT shed a tear (and it wasn't the first)....as I told NPayne of MckMama's "Tour Eiffel" entry....when I read the first 2 sentences that said...."Stellan is not doing good. I am not doing good." I did not feel the lump swell in my throat and my heart tighten in my chest as I did NOT try to will my arms around this woman I only know through a blog. I did NOT tell him that it made me sooooo sad to read those 2 sentences in her post.
...Last week when one of my girls asked...."Is that MckMama's blog?" I did NOT proceed to tell them all about Stellan's health and encourage them to pray with me for him, and they did NOT quickly and willingly agree. They are NOT great prayer warriors themselves.
...I am NOT praying so hard that my mind rarely thinks of anything but the sick children and the children who have already left this earth and their families.
...I do NOT feel so grateful for my own family, and I do NOT pray for their continued health as well.

...I DO TRUST GOD! I DO KNOW THAT HE IS IN CONTROL! I DO KNOW THAT HE BRINGS GOOD! I could NOT put a "NOT" in those 3 above sentences, because it just seemed weird to write that....even in a Not Me Monday post.

1 comment: