Monday, September 28, 2009

Six Years Ago.....The Best Day of 2003!

Today is Bryna Mae's 6th birthday!
Six years ago, we added a beautiful daughter to our family. She was born 4 weeks early and spent 8 very loooooong days in the NICU. She has always been tough from the moment she breathed her first breath and has always been full of hope....hence her name....Bryna which means "hope"! Her middle name was shared by both NPayne's and my grandmothers....Retha Mae and Clara Mae! Although Bryna Mae never knew Granny (NPayne's grandmother) and doesn't remember Mamaw (my grandmother)....she is very much like them as far as her developing faith goes. They were both devout christian women with a firm belief in prayer and Christ. As Bryna grows, I can see that same light shining in her. I love the fact that Bryna was my only baby born with lots of hair who actually kept it and just added to it. It was really really dark for several months and now she is quite blonde!
I love the fact that her nose is unique only to her, and NPayne and I always joke about where that nose came from....it doesn't look like mine or his or anyone else's for that matter; but it's beautiful no matter where it came from.

I love the fact that B has a zest for life, and she just loves to play! She loves to get dirty, dress up, read, draw, craft, just about anything!
I love that she is tough as nails physically but sensitive emotionally.
I love that she will ask me to pray with her....at anytime during the day....just because she feels led to do so. I love that she believes that prayer can help you through anything. I love that she is learning about Jesus and His love for her, and I love that she will ask me all sorts of questions about Him like...."Who is my Heavenly Father...Jesus or God?"
I love that she is overflowing with love, so much so, that it often spills out in a song or dance! I love that she truly cannot contain it at times and has to hug you right at that moment.
I love that she tells me...."I love you so much!" several time a day.
I love that she is my most affectionate child
and constantly wants to hold my hand or sit in my lap.
I love that when I act goofy....which is quite often....she will join right in with me!


I love that she looks just like her daddy!

I love how she loves to play with Elliot and how they love to dress up together.
I love that she adores her brother, and how he adores her.
I love that she is affectionate with him, and he lets her be.

I love that Drew is her best friend, and that she can't sleep in their room if she's not there.
I love that Bryna's side of the room is always a mess while Drew's is neat and tidy, and I love that Bryna will make her bed and although it's far from perfect....she is very proud of it and so is Drew! And I love the look on her face when she says, "Mommy come look at my bed!"

I love that Bryna looks up to her big sister and that she has learned so much from Addi!
I love that they are very much alike and really laid back. I love that they both love a lot and don't worry much about details.....because they figure....it will all work out!

I love that her big brother and sisters chose her name when she was born.

I love that she picks me flowers, draws me pictures, leaves notes under NPayne's pillow!
I love that she loves to help me in the kitchen and with the laundry!
I love that she believes anything is possible!
I love that she believes in wishes and makes them often.
I love that she adores her grandmothers and asks if she can go visit them all the time.
I love that her eyes get really big when she's frightened, and I love that she will cry right along with me if something is sad! I love that she sings her heart out in church and occasionally will do a spin or pirouette while worshipping.
I love that she has always loved sweets....especially chocolate.
I love that she never liked baby food
and was eating hamburgers by the time she was 9 months old.
I love that she is honestly one of the most joyful people I know.
We could all use a dose of Bryna Mae from time to time!

I love that her smile is soooo big that you can barely see her eyes.
I love that as a baby, she NEVER put anything in her mouth, but didn't mind putting things on her head. I love that she talks to herself often, and I love that she will smile really big when she sees me watching her do it. I love that she is confident and even if she's a little uneasy in a new environment, she trusts that all will be fine!

I love that she is overcoming her fears!
I love that she will always try something new....
....and stick with it....even if it's really not that intersting to her.

I love that she is creative, that she still loves "little" girl things, that she wants to be a "big" girl like her sisters, and that she is eager to learn new things. I love that when she gets in trouble at school....it's for dancing!

I love that she knows and really believes that she is a PRINCESS,
because her Father is The King of Kings!
I thank My Dear Lord for Bryna Mae Payne!!
She is truly a blessing to me and a little piece of heaven on earth!
I love that everytime I look at her....I see my heart walking around outside of my body!
I love what she brings out in me.

2 comments:

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh, how sweet!!!

I love her too!!!

The Blankenship Family said...

Lorie - - - we LOVE Bryna Mae, too! And she truly is such a joy to everyone around her! I'm so glad she and Jack have gotten to grow up together!