Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hold On To Your Seat....It's Another Episode Of.... Not Me Monday

The following is a list of things I would not, could not, should not....with a cat, with a hat, in a car....(sorry got sidetracked for a minute)....absolutely DID NOT do this past week.


1. I did not sleep until 9:00 on Saturday morning only to arise to my sweet little baby girl (with naturally curly hair) in curlers.....maybe the hair curler fairy comes at night while I'm asleep and rolls her hair, then comes and takes them out in the morning before I arise....who knew that's how she got that naturally curly hair, and I thought it came from me.
2. I did not cause my eldest daughter to cry when I told her that her "clean" room was indeed not "clean" and explain that shoving things under the bed, couch or in the corner does not make a clean room and only makes a mother IRRITATED. I did not feel badly that I caused her to cry, and I did not wish that she would just put it away appropriately; so there would be no reason to get upset and cry.
3. I did not enjoy our 72nd annual candlelighting service at church, and I really did not enjoy watching my eldest daughter (the one I made cry) play the part of a shepherd.
4. I absolutely did not realize that I had my first visit with the Physical Therapist on Thursday, about 15 minutes before the appointment. I did not rush into my bathroom, pull up my pant legs and quickly and hurriedly and painfully shave my legs (in case she had to touch them while doing PT on my foot...which she did).
5. My foot did not feel much better after PT, and I did not end up with a sore neck; and I am not realizing that my body isn't just as young as it use to be.
6. When I went to PT this morning, I secretly did not wish she would quit rubbing my leg and get on up to my sore aching back.
7. I have not and am not secretly wishing that there really was a Santa, so he could bring my children their gifts; even though I'm uneasy around Santa (post on that coming soon).
8. I did not really enjoy the Christmas Parade, and I am not really glad it's over.
9. I did not replace my ink cartrige, in my printer twice, because I was not printing so many Christmas letters to enclose with my Christmas cards.
10. I DO NOT love Christmas cards...creating them, sending them and receiving them.
11. I did not cut my own hair....and it wasn't A LOT!
12. I did not almost faint when I saw the TERRIBLE cut that my mother DID not sustain on her hand while falling down in her bathroom. GOOD NIGHT NURSE!! I did not take the parrish nurse, from church, over to my mom's house to look at her hand and make sure it was not going to get infected and fall off. Work with me here.....It WAS NOT a serious cut.
13. On Friday, I DID NOT enjoy taking pictures of our church family putting together 110 bikes for the children at our local children's home, and I WAS NOT amazed at the sight of all of those bikes. Then I DID NOT smile a lot when I went to watch Addi and her Girl Scout troop ice skate, and I DID NOT smile a lot when they sang "The First Noel."
14. I absolutely DID NOT realize that I had purchased the exact same Christmas gift for her Girl Scout troop leader (that I had purchased last year) while we were heading to the party, and I did not come clean with her and tell her that I realized this after the fact; and that she could regift it. I was not extremely happy when she said the gift from last year was completely worn out, and she was thrilled to receive it again; and I did not wonder if she was just being polite and will really regift that gift.

WOW!!! I did not have a long list this week, and I did not do any of these things!!!
For more NOT ME MONDAY and to play along, click on MckMama's button on the side of my blog.

5 comments:

4under3 said...

Your PT thoughts were great! And alluding to Dr. Seuss in the beginning of your post was hilarious! I love it!

Tiff

Elyse said...

I so do not love these not me Mondays nor do I not spend too much time looking at them!
~Elyse~

Jane Anne said...

Stopped by from My Charming Kids. I do not absolutely love Christmas cards, too. I do not get out to the mailbox each day as soon as I think the mailman has come! Great list!

Michelle said...

I love Not Me Mondays! :)

Thanks for coming by my blog and saying hi!

Mrs. Valente said...

Great Not Me!s!! I'm so sorry I forgot to e-mail you this week. I just put a new Titus post up, and the "rules" are on this one.

;)