Monday, December 1, 2008

SIT BACK FOR ANOTHER NOT ME MONDAY....

This week I did Not completely skip the turkey and dressing leftovers and immediately go for the leftover homemade chocolate and coconut cream pie for breakfast, not one, but two mornings in a row....NOT ME! That would be a bad example to my children....eating pie for breakfast. And I did not hurriedly eat it while they were upstairs, so they wouldn't see me...I would NEVER do something like that.
I did not let Elli skip her nap on Saturday for the sole purpose and enjoyment of sitting by a campfire and roasting marshmallows while visiting our friends' (Leslie, Jeff and B)at their private lake. I would never let a sweet little girl skip her nap for some pure fun....I'm way to scheduled for that kind of irresponsible parenting.While at the lake on Saturday, I DID NOT take more photos of their new puppy (Luna) than I did of the children...NOT I!
I DID NOT let Drew make mudballs, with our sweet friend's darling little girl, B while we were visiting them at the lake! I would NEVER DO that. I DO NOT let my children get dirty. I also DID NOT think they were playing with poop when I originally saw their hands and their mudballs, only to realize that my 7 year old would know better...wouldn't she?
While at the lake, I DID NOT get giddy with excitement and feel completely overwhelmed with gratitude when Jeff brought the tractor over, for my sweet boy Cal to play on, just because Jeff knows how much Cal LOVES that tractor! I did not get a little lump in my throat at such a kind gesture, and I WAS NOT completely gleeful!
This week I did not make the executive decision to keep our Christmas decorating to a minimum this year, because honestly I am not already EXHAUSTED with the thought of putting it all away after Christmas....NOT ME!
This week I did not visit the podiatrist again (ewwww) only to discover that I indeed do NOT have to have PT, and I am NOT one bit nervous about it....NOT ONE BIT!
My girls and I did NOT go shopping on Black Friday....and not buy several things for them...and NO we did NOT do that right before Christmas!
Lastly....I did not thoroughly enjoy the week off, from school and work, last week; and I DO NOT wish it was summer so the children could stay home with me all day. And I did not try to justify why they could all skip school for a few more days.
For more NOT ME MONDAY fun, visit MckMama.... http://www.mycharmingkids.net/

5 comments:

Junita said...

I love pie for breakfast - but I would never eat it - no not me

-stephanie- said...

I gave up overboard decorating years ago, for the same reason. I hate putting it away.

Anonymous said...

hey i don't blame you for taking pics of the pup...they don't stay cute for long...lol

Unknown said...

mud pies! fun!

Deborah said...

I know I didn't have pie for breakfast 5 times in the past week because that would mean I ate most of both pies!