Friday, December 26, 2008

It's My Party....And I'll Cry If I Want To!

However I didn't want to cry, BUT...I did want to make funny faces!

Today was my 42nd birthday, and I had a great day doing things I really enjoy....sleeping late, eating lunch with my best friend, shopping with my children and my best friend in the very lovely 77 degree temperature, coming home to a nice clean house with a very D-E-A-D I mean DEAD Christmas tree undecorated and removed from the house (thanks to NPayne and Drewby), having dinner with my family and treating myself to a few new things....thanks to the $50 I received from my mom for Christmas and the other $50 I received from my mom for my birthday....see it's not so bad having a birthday the day after Christmas....I've been opening presents for days!!!
Tomorrow.....I am being treated to a personalized SPA...not limited to but including hair-do, massage, and manicure... via my lovely daughters! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Hey Girlfriend! I've been in KS and didn't get to wish you a wonderful Birthday! I've been at 42 since May. It was my worst (Mother's Day and Birthday don't mix). I'm so glad you were able to spend it doing things you enjoy. Wow, the spa??? Now I'm so envious (though Youngest says it's sinful to be envious). Hope you had a wonderful time. Love the picture of you and the kids! I'm so glad that NPayne cleared out the tree for you. What a wonderful blessing! I've told Honey that most times it's not the flowers or gifts, but it's the "little things" - doing things that really count.

Thank you so much for sharing about your faith and how you got to where you are. I grew up in church, but because of a fractured relationship with biological father, I've struggled with God being a Father figure for me. I'm working at changing that for my kids - they have an awesome Daddy! I'm so glad that you continued to search for Him and not only found him, but know Him.