Saturday, January 31, 2009

Can Someone Say Party?

We have a weekend full of parties.....last night, we celebrated the birthday of one of my friends whom I have mentioned before....Todd! Todd is married to Joey, who is one of my lifelong girlfriends, and I guess Todd would be one of my lifelong guy friends. It was a great time of just visiting with some of my dear "old" (I use that term loosely) friends and their families. The children played, the adults sat around the chimenea in the backyard and caught up on old times and enjoyed each other's company. It was good to see some of my friends that I haven't seen in a long time.
Tonight we are celebrating the birthday of one of my "newer" friends, Christa. NPayne and I became friends with Christa and Rich through our Sunday School class. I like to refer to them as the "Sonic couple" you know the one I'm talking about? That's them in a nutshell. Christa is turning the big 40, but let's not mention it as her invitation states. It will be another good time of fellowship with friends.
Tomorrow we will be celebrating the birthday of my best friend's son, Cole, so we will be going to their house to play football and eat chili.....I hope I don't relive my chili experience from last weekend.....I'll have to stop at one bowl.....I know, I know too much information! Then we will be going to our friends, The Bentleys, for a superbowl party. I have posted previously about my best friend, you know the cute one, who I never like to stand by in pictures......? I have also posted previously about a couple of the Bentley boys whom a few of my girls have been betrothed to marry. It's going to be a fun weekend of celebrations, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to celebrate and fellowship with all of these wonderful people whom God has so strategically placed in my life. Again thank God for introductions!

No comments: