Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Shiloh Ross

Please be in prayer for my Lifelong friend and her husband....she delivered a very premature baby boy yesterday morning. He did not survive. My friend's health is in a very serious state, at this time, due to a rupture in her brain. Please pray for her health....physically and emotionally as she recovers and comes to experience the loss of another baby boy on the day of his birth!
They gave the baby the name....Shiloh Ross. She chose Shiloh because of the following scripture in The Bible....1 Samuel 1: 20-28....

20It came about in due time, after Hannah had conceived, that she gave birth to a son; and she named him Samuel, saying, "Because I have asked him of the LORD."
21Then the man Elkanah went up with all his household to offer to the LORD the yearly sacrifice and pay his vow.
22But Hannah did not go up, for she said to her husband, "I will not go up until the child is weaned; then I will bring him, that he may appear before the LORD and stay there forever."
23Elkanah her husband said to her, "Do what seems best to you Remain until you have weaned him; only may the LORD confirm His word." So the woman remained and nursed her son until she weaned him.
24Now when she had weaned him, she took him up with her, with a three-year-old bull and one ephah of flour and a jug of wine, and brought him to the house of the LORD in Shiloh, although the child was young.
25Then they slaughtered the bull, and brought the boy to Eli.
26She said, "Oh, my lord! As your soul lives, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you, praying to the LORD.
27"For this boy I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of Him.
28"So I have also dedicated him to the LORD; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the LORD " And she worshiped the LORD there.

My friend longed for this baby as she longed for the last and will continue to long for them until she is reunited with them in Heaven....
Bryna asked me why I was so sad yesterday, and I explained that my friend was very sick and that her baby had died (our family had been praying for them, so the girls all knew things were very uncertain); and her immediate response was...."But mama, he's with Jesus now"; and I needed to hear that at that specific moment. She was and is so right about that....Shiloh is with Jesus! Things weren't uncertain after all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

will do...that is so hard. I've been down that road myself.

Elyse said...

PRAYING for your lifelong friend and her husband!
~Elyse~

shiloh.ross said...

My name is Shiloh Ross also. Reading about your Shiloh breaks my heart. Although we have no knowledge of eachother, you and your loved ones are in my prayers.