Thursday, January 8, 2009

From ICU to 505

My lifelong friend was moved out of ICU last night and into a regular room...505. We have been told to expect her to move to the 4th floor tomorrow which is rehabilitation....YEA! She will be starting intensive rehabilitation tomorrow which is going to be a lot of hard work, but it will lead to her release. They estimate 2 more weeks in the hospital...she wasn't too thrilled to hear that, but she is glad that it's not longer. Her sweet husband has been an amazing witness to everyone....people he knows and those he is just meeting. I have been blessed by him in every circumstance and am so very thankful for his calmness and his faithful presence. I spent a lot of time with my lifelong friend today, and I loved talking with her....telling me she wanted to shower, go home, brush her hair (which they wanted me to try with one of those long skinny black combs....not happening). She asked me about going to Alabama last summer. I told her how wonderful it was and that the house was right on the beach. She said she was fantasizing about where her husband was going to take her. I had to smile when I told her the house had 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a pool; and her response was "yeah" as in right on sister! When the OT came in to work with her hand and arm, she helped her sit up; so I could "brush" her hair with that comb. All the while I was thinking....this ain't gonna happen....you know what someone's hair who has been lying down for 4 days sleeping most of the time looks like....dreadlocks (as her mom and husband referred to it). I was actually quite relieved when my friend ended up being too tired to get her hair brushed and even more relieved when her mom (who formerly owned a hair salon) came in with detangler and a soft brush....yes she did....after all she is a beautician! I am actually typing this on my friend's husband's computer while another Lifelong friend and I stay with her until he returns from gathering up some clean clothes and showering. She is doing great, and we are thankful! God is Good all the time! We all know that....no matter the circumstances....we do know that, and we give thanksgiving and praise to HIM!

No comments: