Thursday, January 1, 2009

Prayers

I spent the morning and evening with my Lifelong friend and her unborn child. Her husband was there this morning, but he headed home to care for some things at their house and to lead their Thursday night Bible Study. If you read the "Prayer Requests" post, you know that my friend has been hospitalized due to some serious concerns with her pregnancy....so far no change. What I found to be amazing when I was there this morning was the way that she and her husband had been sharing their faith with anyone and everyone who would listen. I think (and so do they) that God is using them.... during this time of uncertainty.... to witness, minister, or just listen to others. They ended up talking to one of the nurses for over an hour and a half last night and are now currently praying for her husband. We even discussed tonight....how there are always people who have something worse to deal with than we do. I mean....think about this....this is a woman and her husband who have already experienced the loss of one child and are now in the hospital with some serious concerns for the baby they are expecting, and they are openly and lovingly and genuinely sharing their faith and their true need and desire for Jesus in their lives. I am praying for the amniotic fluid to increase. I am praying for the health of the baby. I am praying that she can carry the baby longer. I am praying for peace and comfort. Yes I am diligently and unceasingly praying for these things, but I think God has already answered a prayer of mine....let not their faith and love waver. Thank you God....now if you would ever so kindly answer the other prayers....that would be just dandy! I know, I know in your time....not mine!
AMEN!

No comments: