Wednesday, October 29, 2008

FIRST KISS



Ten years ago, we shared our first kiss.
I never would have dreamed it would turn into this.
We started as friends, then moved in together.
A few years of dating turned into forever.
Five years after that, our family grew by one.
A beautiful baby girl we named Addison.
Two years later, we added once again.
Much to our surprise a boy named Callahan.
We were made for each other, in love from that day.
I could not imagine it any other way.
Ten years have passed, with many more to go.
You have made me the luckiest guy I know.
Thank you for being my best friend, a great mom & wife.
Thank you for the most wonderful ten years of my life.
Love Neil.

On October 29, 1999 Neil surprised me with a date night. He arranged for a babysitter, and he told me we were going out for the evening. I was pleasantly surprised by my very romantic husband, but little did I really know how romantic he was. When I got into the car, there was some paper waiting for me in the seat. I got in and picked it up and started to read it...then I realized it was a poem for me written by the love of my life. I had absolutely NO idea that our very first kiss had occured ten years ago, to the day, until I read this poem. There were also copies of a printed calendar from Oct. 29, 1989. I was so amazed and so deeply touched that our first kiss meant so much to this man - my soulmate. Of course since this poem was written, we have added 3 more little buttercups to our happy lives. I can guarantee NPayne never imagined in 1999, much less, 1989 that he would be a wonderful father to FIVE sweet babies. I'm so thankful that our first kiss wasn't our last, and that we have many more kisses in our future. I'm also thankful that my husband is more romantic than I am, or this fabulous poem would have never been written; and our first kiss would have never been honored.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet!

Lorie said...

Thank you. I enjoy comments, and I appreciate nice ones.