Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm glad we're broke - I think

One little piece of information you need to know about me is that I don't read the newspaper, watch the news, listen to any sort of news on the radio-basically I have no idea what's going on around me. I'm clueless by choice. I do read about things that I choose to know about but not all of the other stuff. I read my newsletter from Autism Speaks. I read my Associate Pastor's column in our local paper. I read blogs. I don't choose to know about most of the sad and depressing things that are going on in our world. Some may say that's irresponsible - it always drove my dad nuts that I had no idea what was going on. Because of this choice, I really have no idea what's going on with the economy. I have heard a few folks discuss this lately and have learned, word of mouth, basically what's going on; but really I'm just clueless. I started thinking about this and realized that I guess we are lucky that we don't have any money to invest, so we didn't lose our entire life savings or retirement. I guess we have been spared this worry in a weird way. I pray to God, daily, to provide for us; and I thank Him when he does. I think tonight I will thank Him for sparing me the worry of having too much money instead of not enough.

No comments: