Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I can't believe I did that!

This morning, or I should say mid-morning, I was leisurely hanging out with Bryna and Elli in our pajamas, when the phone rang....I saw on the caller ID that it was Ms. Peggy, B's preschool teacher. I answered the phone with excited anticipation to talk to her, because I love talking to Ms. Peggy. She is fun and sweet and wholesome. I really had no idea why she would be calling me, but I didn't care; I was glad to hear from her (so I thought). When I answered, I didn't hear Ms. Peggy's friendly vivacious voice but more of a subdued quiet voice. She said something like....Lorie, are you coming up to the school today? I immediately knew what she was calling for....I had forgotten my conference. Actually in my defense, I had never seen the conference schedule; so I didn't even know I had a conference. I said something like OH NO.....Ms. Peggy, is it right now? She humbly and quietly said Yes it is. I had to fess up that all three of us girls were still in our pajamas and Bryna and Elli were exploring their new found talent....playing the kazoo (which I'm sure she heard in the background). She said something like...everyone should have days they spend in the pajamas, and she graciously accepted my apology all the while apologizing herself. We talked a bit more and discussed rescheduling for next week. I knew the conferences were coming up, so I should have made a point to ask about it. Apparently the conference schedule never made into B's backpack, or it accidentally got lost from there to here. Help Me Henry...I'm a teacher, work with me here brain, let's focus! This is the reason I write EVERYTHING down - self diagnosed momnesia. Thank goodness Ms. Peggy is the sweet and wonderful lady that she is. The whole Payne Train LOVES her. Again I thank God for another introduction!

2 comments:

Elyse said...

Everyone does it. It happens! At least Ms. Peggy was nice!!!
~Elyse~

Anonymous said...

Sounds like something my kids would do. It happens to the best of us :)