Thursday, October 23, 2008

She Is The Most Like Me

My sweet little Drew. I absolutely adore this girl. She is my smack dab in the middle child, 3rd of 5! She has several of the "middle child characteristics" as well(I looked them up). Drew is very shy around adults, but she is very social with her friends. She is extremely hard on herself and takes things extremely personal. She is so very generous and is the first one to clean out her toys to give away. Drew also feels like she's not good enough, and she doesn't match up to her older sister. She compares herself to Addi a lot, and she never gives herself a break. Drew is the most like her mama so far; although baby Elli is showing signs of being a Drew/mom mini me. Drew is a free spirit with an old soul. She loves the world and everything God created. Drew is hysterically funny and has a sense of humor that most 7 year olds couldn't even grasp. She has been dubbed, my "granola girl", by one of my girlfriends; and she has declared herself a "tomboy who likes to wear dresses." She is sensitive and caring and her feelings get hurt easily. She is a deep thinker and often reminds me that we have so much to be grateful for when tough circumstances arise. She is easily amused and cracks herself up. She is extremely competitive (I'm not sure where this comes from), and her emotions are black or white - there's no gray area for Drew. She loves her friends and cherishes her family with her whole heart. Drew is my child, who would rather stay home and play, than do anything else. She has a fiery temper and is easily overwhelmed with "busyness" (just like her mama). She loves her Bible and takes care of her things. She doesn't complain about weekly chores (at least not that often) and offers to help me with mine. Drew loves art and animals and school. She ADORES our dog, Finn! She carries around a plastic bag, so she can pick up trash when she sees it on the ground. She will eat anything put on her plate and would love to grow a garden. Drew thrives on individual attention from her parents and enjoys the simple things in life. She has a good heart and will be a wonderful mama someday. She loves having younger siblings and suggests there should be more additions to our family quite often. She's outdoorsy, spunky, beautiful, natural, and brave. I love this child so much I feel like my heart may explode. It's hard to believe that God loves her more, but I know He does. Thanks God for loaning this beautiful creature to me. I greatly appreciate it!

No comments: