Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lemonade Extravaganza Day Dos

Day Two has come and gone, and once again I am tired. I am not as tired as I was yesterday (I didn't get up at 6:30 for breakfast with friends). However my dog did bark half the night, but that's another story.
When we walked into church this morning, we were almost immediately handed a total of $65 from various supporters (including our Senior Pastor) who couldn't come treat themselves to lemonade but wanted to make a contribution. It was like we were getting paid to go to church, except that we aren't keeping the money; and we would go to church whether we got paid or not (so maybe it wasn't like we were getting paid to go to church after all).
Once we arrived home, Addi made more chocolate lollipops and fresh lemonade for todays extravaganza. Cal helped make the lemonade. See how excited he was to help in the pictures below. NPayne and Drew were home, so they got to experience the fun of the fundraiser as well. And I enjoyed watching my children bask in the beautiful weather while reading a book! My life is good!

So far by the end of day dos (how do you like my Spanish?), she has raised a little under $700. I know some more donations are coming, so I am not sure what the final total will be. She has worked hard and accomplished so much. We will be mailing in the donation at the beginning of next week, and I'll share the final total at that time. We couldn't be more proud of our daughter but not just because of the work she's done and the money she's raised, but also because she is a wonderful servant and is an example of Jesus Christ and the way He gave to help others.

Cal making lemonade!
I know he knows how much his sister loves him!


Me and my boy!

Drew swinging on our homemade swing!
It amazes me, but doesn't surprise me, how many of our friends stop by to support our princess and her desire to make a difference.

Sisters taking a break!

Buttercup Elli holding her Pinky Pie and some lemonade!

Jenny, our youth pastor, stopped by to support Addi's efforts.
We are so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving and supportive church family. I can't thank God enough for those relationships. I am also completely overwhelmed by the generosity and trust of perfect strangers. It warms my heart so much to see the numerous strangers who stopped by to offer donations, many without even taking a treat or lemonade. We enjoyed visiting with strangers, who did stop to buy a treat and find out more about Addi's cause, it's such a wonderful feeling to know there are good people in the world.

No comments: