Friday, October 31, 2008

Addison

Oh Addi...where has time gone? I feel like you are slowly slipping away, growing up so fast. You are my first born and until I had you, I really had no idea how much my own mother really loved me. Until I had you, I had no idea that being a mother would stir my soul like it has never been stirred before. Until I had you, I didn't realize that I wanted a house full of children. Until I had you, I didn't understand how your heartbreak will be my heartbreak tenfold. Until I had you, I didn't realize that it's not all about me. Until I had you, I had no idea how much I would enjoy watching your daddy be a daddy. Until I had you, I didn't know that I would lay down my life for someone I love. Until I had you, I never cried joyful tears. Until I had you, I have never felt so blessed. Until I had you, I never knew how hard being a parent can be. Until I had you, I never knew how amazing being a parent can be. Until I had you, I never prayed so diligently and specifically.
The moment you were laid in my arms, I discovered the overwhelming love that a mother has for her babies. Being pregnant is a wonderful blessing, but holding the baby is beyond a wonderful blessing.
When you were a baby, I would hold you in my arms and say over and over again to your daddy..."Can you believe we have a baby? Can you believe she was in my belly?" Then I would cry, because I couldn't believe how God had lent us this beautiful person to care for. I have cherished every single moment as your mother and will cherish it forever. You are growing up so fast, and I already miss you even though you live right upstairs. I have even thought about homeschooling you just so we could be together more often. I can't get enough of you, and I never will. I treasure you as a person and as my daughter. I love you! Mama


No comments: