Sunday, October 26, 2008

They Like Me....They Really Like Me!

I returned home from the retreat today, actually I met my family at church and then came home. My kids, ALL of them, were very happy to see me. They always are, and I am always very happy to see them. You know the feeling, when you're expecting something amazing to happen, and as you get closer you get more and more excited? That's how I feel as I'm traveling closer and closer to my family. The anticipation of getting to hold my baby and hug and kiss my sweet children's faces and of course give NPayne a very long embrace, it all excites me and makes me anxious all at once. What better place to embrace your family, after being away from them for a few days, than at church - God's House, Our Father's House.
After church, we sat down to have lunch. We said our blessings which I ABSOLUTELY love to do with my children, then we started our standard individual blessings and struggles. We call these ROSES and THORNS. We do this when we are eating, and everyone shares. In our house, you don't have to share a thorn (which is a struggle), but you do have to share a rose (which is a blessing or something to be grateful for); because we all have much to be grateful for. We began around the table, with everyone sharing, when we got to Elli (who usually just says in her sweet little baby voice while using her hands to sign..."Thank You Jesus"). Today she actually said this....."My rose is......goo gaa goo gaa goo gaa(which is an interpretation for language we didn't understand)MOMMY." She likes me, she really likes me! We all broke into thunderous applause especially me and Elli. It's true absence does make the heart grow fonder. NPayne told me that everytime she heard the door open, while I was gone, she would ask him "Mama home?"
During roses and thorns all the kids stated either that their rose was that I was home, or that their thorn was that they missed me. I have to fess up.....I'm glad they miss me, and I am really glad that they are so extremely excited to see me; because that's how I feel when I'm gone as well. I miss them terribly, and I drive in excited aniticpation of receiving those hugs and kisses and open arms waiting for their mama.

2 comments:

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Lorie,

I posted the recipe for the pizza back on my blog again. I'm so glad you stopped by! Love your blog and your insight. I love the title of your blog - I find myself doing that so much! When the kids were little, I would always make sure I had one of them with me, so if I did think out loud, everyone would think I was talking to the kids!
Let me know what you think about the pizza!

Lorie said...

Oh good. I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the kind words. I always get excited and a little nervous when I get a comment, because you just never know what folks are going to say. When I realized I was talking to myself today, with my baby in the shopping cart, that people probably just think I'm talking to her (hopefully. Good to know that you used your kids as an excuse to "thinking out loud" as well. I'll let you know about the pizza. YEA!