Friday, October 17, 2008

Love Letters

Have you ever found something at just the right time, and it touched your soul just like you needed it to be touched?
I was deleting old documents off of my computer to make more memory space when I came across that particular something that touched my soul just like I needed it to be touched:
LOVE LETTERS FROM MY CHILDREN WRITTEN JUST FOR THEIR MAMA!
By Bryna....
My mom is 14 years old. Her favorite food is cereal. Her hair is orange and beautifully wild. Her favorite thing to do is play with me. I love her, because she's my mom.
By Drew....
My mom is 41 years old. Her favorite food is salad. Her hair is orange and pretty. Her favorite thing to do is watch me grow. I love her, because she's my mom.
By Cal....
My mom is 25 years old. Her favorite food is waffles. Her hair is red. Her favorite thing to do is cook. I love her, because she's my mom.
By Addi....
My mom looks 35 but she's 41. Her favorite food is grilled hotdogs. Her hair is strawberry blonde and beautiful. Her favorite thing to do is watch us clean. I love her, because she's my mom.

I am continually falling in love with these beautiful precious beings that God created and has let me borrow while we are here on earth. My heart could just burst at the joy my children bring me. I could never thank Him enough.

4 comments:

The Blankenship Family said...

I LOVE those letters!!!! What precipitated them writing them?? How very sweet and special. They remind me of the stuff I got from Jack on Mothers Day last year (from CLC) - very funny!

Robin

Lorie said...

I love those letters so much, and I was literally brought to tears when I found them on my computer. I think Addi just asked them things about me, one day last summer, and she typed it up and saved it probably intending to print it out at some point. We didn't have a printer until a few weeks ago, so they have just been sitting on my computer waiting. Actually that was a God thing, because He knew I would need to see those now instead of then.

Elyse said...

Those letters are so so so sweet!!! They are so special and sweet!
~Elyse~

Lorie said...

Thanks Elyse! I love them too. It was a nice surprise to open a document entitled Mom, I love you and find those letters that they had written.