Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch.....

I know that God has a plan and nothing proves this more to me than my relationship with Mr. Payne. He is the man of my dreams, but he was not part of MY plan...we have been married for 16 1/2 years and have been completely in love with each other all of those years and a few years prior to becoming Mr. and Mrs. Payne. Mr. Payne was a mere 22 years old when we married, and a mere 19 years old when we began dating. He is 3 years my junior which defines me as a CRADLE ROBBER, and I must admit I am proud of it. NPayne was born in different decade than I-now that makes me feel a little weird, but nonetheless it's all good. I was the first and only girlfriend he has had, and I remember one of his friends saying the first girlfriend he has will be the one he has forever; and I'm glad he was right. I ,however, had a longtime beau, prior to meeting Mr. Payne and honestly I had absolutely NO plans of having a beau again anytime soon or EVER as far as that goes. Some of my lifelong friends had even told him that I would not be interested in any sort of dating type relationship, and I was not at all interested in having a beau. That was basically true, so I thought, until I started spending more and more time with Mr. Payne. We began as friends, and the more time I spent with him; the more I realized what a fabulous guy he was. He was such a gentleman and just so very thoughtful. The best part about him was that he made me laugh, and we had a ton of fun together. Little did I know that I was falling hard for this 19 year old long-haired hippy of a guy. Never did I imagine that almost 20 years later, we would be married with 5 children. I truly had no intentions of being married EVER! I knew I wanted to be a mother, but I had no desire to be a wife. How I was going to work that out, I wasn't really sure; but God worked it out for me. God introduced me to NPayne, and over a short amount of time; my heart was softened. I was in LOVE and have been every since. Thank you God for the introduction. I am forever grateful!

No comments: