Friday, October 24, 2008

Friendly Face - Mr. Nathan

I love this man.....I mean, how could you not? Look at what he is willing to do to raise money for missions (no that is not his real hair, he doesn't have real hair - wink wink). On a more serious note....Nathan came to our church a little over 3 years ago to take over our Children's Ministry (which was in a desperate state at that time). I remember thinking....ahhh it will be unusual to have a man as a children's pastor (all I had known prior was a woman). I met him and instantly liked him and over the last few years I have grown to love him....in a respectful, love your pastor sort of way. He is remarkable, truly an amazing soul. My kids adore him, NPayne and I have the utmost respect and gratitude for Nathan. I am most certain, my dog Finn, would treasure him as well (when he gets to meet him). My children have grown sooooo much in Christ through activities and programs that Nathan has brought to our church. This is where I also have to recognize and thank everyone who helps Nathan implement these programs. Nathan is sweet and generous and kind.
He was the first person, after NPayne and myself, to hold my newborn baby Elliot (that's Nathan, Cynthia and newborn Elli in the above picture). He anxiously waited in the waiting room for her birth and immediately took her in his arms at the first chance he was given. He's an angel sent to us and all the families in our church to minister to them, teach them, love them and encourage them. I thank God for him daily. Thank you Mr. Nathan for all you do. The Payne Train truly loves you.

No comments: