Tuesday, November 4, 2008

DID YOU VOTE?

I don't know why, but elections always make me nervous. I am confident in who I voted for, but I can't stand the anticipation.....the waiting.....and waiting.....and waiting to see who wins. It's sort of weird, because I am not a competitive person by nature; but I really want my candidate to win! This election makes me more nervous than I have ever been in prior elections...maybe that's because I know more about the candidates or maybe because there's a lot at stake here(as always). I don't know....really I don't. I do know that I am going to do exactly what my pastor said he was going to do.....vote for the candidate that I want to win, hope that candidate wins, then I'll pray for guidance for the winning candidate. I don't believe in name calling or character bashing, so I won't do that; instead I will pray for our new President whether it be whom I voted for or not.
During election times, I wish the world was like God intended it to be (according to William P. Young's The Shack); and we didn't need a President to lead our country. We just needed God Almighty to lead us, because we all leaned on Him, were in relationship with Him, and made good choices. Actually I wish our world was the way God intended it to be every day, not just election day; and we could all live in peace together.

No comments: