Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I took the easy way out, and I'm not ashamed!

Let me start by saying....I am EXHAUSTED! We had this horrendous thunderstorm here last night which kept my 2 youngest trembling with fear half the night and me awake half the night. I have this weird injured foot/ankle/leg thing that is keeping me from catching the appropriate amount of REM. And I started a new job today....tutoring middle schoolers....if that ain't enough to cause a severe amount of exhaustion, I don't know what is. So of the 2 choices I had for this evening....take Drew to her soccer party (along with Addi and Bryna) or stay home with Elliot and Cal, I thought about the "easiest" of those 2 options before I made my choice. The option that would allow my brain and body to not have to do much. NPayne said he didn't really care either way, so I took the easy way out and went to the soccer party. I knew if I took them that I would mainly just take some photos (which I did), watch Drew's team receive their trophies (which I did), have a little lemonade (which I did) and possibly help serve some refreshments (which I did not - there were too many cooks in the kitchen). I knew if I stayed home with Elliot and Callahan, I would have to make them some dinner, give them a bath, and do the dishes. Work with me here....I'm exhausted thinking about giving my 2 year old a bath while hobbling around after her. I took the easy way out tonight, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Thank the good Lord that I have a wonderful husband who is perfectly fine with me taking the easy way out!

3 comments:

Elyse said...

I'm actually PROUD of you girlfriend! Glad you CHOSE this choice!!!
~Elyse~

The Blankenship Family said...

Aren't those wonderfully helpful husbands just amazing?!?! Mine took Ash and Ryan to school, picked up Ryan from CLC so I could stay home right next to sick little Jack all day. And then - he cleaned up after dinner, bathed both boys, helped Ash with school work, did the dishes, and got the boys to bed - all before I got home from church finance committee! We are lucky indeed!

Anonymous said...

ya know what is funny...for me staying home would have been the easy way out! :). Glad you got an evening to just be.