Monday, November 17, 2008

NOT ME MONDAY

The following list of things did not occur over the last few days....I will deny it if you ask me about it. My entire Not Me Monday post does NOT involve bodily fluids!

1. I did not enjoy a spectacular night at The Well, our women's ministry at my church last Thursday.
2. I certainly did not immediately begin to blog about the sermon that was preached by one of my favorite pastors, Cindy.
3. As I was not blogging about this wonderful event, I did not hear this unusual gurgling and coughing coming from upstairs....not me. I did not call to NPayne and say "someone is throwing up," because I couldn't tell which of the 4 children (who live upstairs) it was.
4. As I was not hoping that someone was not throwing up, Drewby did not come downstairs and tell me she had thrown up. That did not just happen.
5. After she had not thrown up, did she not continually throw up for the entire night and into the next day. And I did not stay up all night with her, holding back her hair and dumping out her "throw up" bucket. And I was not secretly glad that she was going to have to stay home with me on Friday, and I was going to have her all to myself to care for and snuggle with(even though a good part of the day was spent over the toilet). I would never think that.
6. I was not really touched, each time she said "thank you mom" after I had held back her hair or cleaned up her bucket. Not at all.
7. She did not continue to throw up into Friday night, then feel perfectly fine by Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday, only to throw up AGAIN late Sunday night.
8. I did not have 2 other children throw up on Sunday as well, and I was not completely thrilled when it seemed as though they would each only throw up ONCE!
9. This morning I did not wake up with a weird gurgling in my stomache, only to race to the bathroom to throw up, not me...I'm perfectly fine (NOT)!
10. I am not one bit saddened by the fact that I will NOT be able to host Bunco at my house tomorrow night, because of all of the throwing up that's going on. I was NOT looking forward to that at all.
11. I am not waiting for NPayne to come home from work, early, to care for 3 kids that are home; so I can lay down and sleep the day away. Not looking forward to that at all.
12. I do not hope that I feel "normal" by tonight, because I don't do throw up very well.

That's my Not Me Monday post. To get to MckMama's blog, click on the link on the side of my blog. I hope all this talk about throw up didn't make you, well.....sick.

3 comments:

Elyse said...

I am so not looking foward to next weekend. I am also not glad that Thanksgiving is near! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!!!
~Elyse~

Esther said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Ashley said...

sorry everyone is sick!! hope you all are well soon!