Tuesday, November 4, 2008

PROJECT #1

Project # 1 is about to be underway. We live an old house, 100 years old to be exact, and I LOVE this house. I brought all my babies home to this house, and the day we don't come home to this house will definitely be one of the saddest in my life!
Although I LOVE this house, it is definitely a work in progress and probably always will be (which is secretly one of the reasons I love it.....shhhh, don't tell NPayne). There has been a lot done here, and there is a lot to be done here. Most of what is left is purely cosmetic, which gets me giddy to think about, because I LOVE to decorate, etc. I don't like to go buy all "new" stuff, but I like to get "old" stuff and refurbish it in my own style to use in my home. Many, of the projects I'm in charge of, are cosmetic. NPayne is in charge of the construction type projects...the next big one will be our kitchen. We have a vision for our kitchen (or at least I have a vision that NPayne happens to agree with), but we haven't had a chance to get started....hmmmm, I wonder why? Could it be the soccer games, music lessons, campouts, retreats, and busyness of our lives? Yes I think that's it. Our weekends are about to slow down for a very short time frame, and we will start on something around our house....what? you will have to wait and see.
For now, I will share a small project that I am almost finished with...see my next post!

No comments: